We are happy to receive firearms for transfer to Iowa residents. If you choose to order from another retailer, we can handle the paperwork and any needed background checks for you.
- The fee to transfer a firearm purchased from another retailer is $20.00 for the first firearm per form 4473 and $5.00 for each additional firearm per form 4473.
- If Cattail Run LLC (DBA Cattail Arms) is not on record with your retailer, we will send the needed information. Forward your order information to email@example.com with an explanation.
- We will contact you when we are ready to transfer the firearm. Generally, this will be 1-2 business days after delivery to us. Transfers are by appointment only.
- You are required to complete an ATF form 4473 on the premises of Cattail Run LLC in Nevada, IA. This is Federal law.
- We always appreciate a tracking number.
Terms and Conditions For Transfers
- If we are unable to transfer the firearm(s) to you due to lack of contact or positive action on your part, a storage fee of $10.00 (ten dollars) per week will begin to accrue for each firearm in your name after 30 days of the date we receive the firearm.
- Once the accrued storage fee equals 50% of the value of the firearm, it will be sold to cover the storage cost. The storage cost will be deducted from the sale price and the difference will be returned to the buyer.
Denied Background Checks
- If the FBI National Instant Check System (NICS) denies the transfer, the buyer may select one of these options.
- File an appeal with the FBI. Cattail Run LLC will hold the firearm without a storage fee until there is a response on the appeal if the appeal was filed within 14 days of the denial.
- Buyer may arrange to return the firearm to the seller. Cattail Run LLC is happy to help return the firearm in this case. Buyer is responsible for all shipping and handling charges.
- Buyer may consign the firearm to be sold by Cattail Run LLC.