Buying Firearms On The Internet
Purchasing firearms via the internet is a convenient and cost effective way to enhance your collection. However, there are a few rules we all need to follow.
You are responsible for understanding your local laws before ordering. You need to identify a local FFL where we will ship your gun. Don’t order a hand gun or AR-15 lower receiver if you are under 21.
- There are Federal, State, and local laws that apply to firearms and accessories. You need to understand what is legal for you to own and what is not.
- Firearms purchased from a Federal Firearms Licensee (FFL), like Cattail Run LLC, must be received by you from an FFL in your state of residence.
- Federal law requires you be at least 21 to purchase a hand gun or serialized frame or receiver. This applies to all AR-15 lower receivers, regardless of configuration. Complete AR-15 rifles with a barrel of 16″ or longer and an overall length of at least 26″ are considered long guns.
Completing A Firearm Purchase From Cattail Run LLC
- Add the item(s) to your cart and begin the checkout process.
- On the checkout screen, do one of the following:
- Select an FFL from the list.
- Enter your FFL information in the order comments.
- If you do not have your FFL information at the time of checkout, send it as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Orders may be cancelled if there is no contact from the customer within 5 days.
- If you are an Iowa customer and want to pick up your purchase from us.
- Leave the FFL information blank and choose “Local Pickup” as the shipping option. We’ll contact you to arrange a time to pick up your order.
- Not all firearms are eligible for immediate pickup.
For questions about your local rules and regulations, seek advice from your FFL or lawyer.